While it is routine to hear of the latest phones, tablets and computers launched in the market each day, it is only rarely that some weird, out-of-the-box inventions come to our notice. Technology was born as a result of a very genuine need by man and has since been applied and distorted to make weapons and invest in dangerous pursuits. However, as you read the following list of inventions, you won’t be able to help but wonder which direction ‘technological advancement’ is headed to:
- Beauty and The Geek Pants: Plain, regular jeans will soon be passé. The trend of the (future) times is jeans that come in built with speakers, a functional keyboard and a wireless mouse that snugly fits into the back pocket. These pants use wireless USB to connect to the computer. Combining the best of the worlds of fashion and technology, the Beauty and Geek Jeans is the brainchild of Erik de Nijs, one of the founders of Nieuwe Heren, a wearable technology company from Netherlands. Nieuwe Heren is on the lookout for a manufacturer for the production of the Beauty and Geek Jeans.
- Motorized Ice Cream Cone: Fast food just got faster. Here’s a gadget that keeps your ice cream from running down your fingers or spoiling that lovely dress. Just fill the removable dish with your favourite ice cream and enjoy your treat while the device rotates electronically and keeps your pleasure drip-free. No more watching out for that dripping cone! The motorized cone comes in different colours and is dishwasher-friendly.
- Spy Camera Pen: Gone are the days when furtive video recording was a challenge only a brave few undertook. With the Spy Camera Pen available in select stores near you, a sting operation of your own is not a distant reality. This amazing ‘pen’ can record up to 2 GB worth videos on its SD card and has an inbuilt lithium battery that can be recharged through a USB port. Your footage can be played by simply inserting the SD card into a reader.
- Flying Alarm Clock: Who doesn’t find it almost impossible to get out of bed in the mornings? Those ‘two more minutes’ are probably the most yearned after minutes of the day. Regular alarm clocks will try waking you up with their cacophony while you try hitting the snooze button to prolong the honeymoon period. The Flying Alarm Clock should definitely snap you out of your slumber. It wakes you up with a loud, irksome siren and shoots a rotor into the air that flies around your room, disturbing both your sleep and peace of mind, till you place it back on the clock. The snooze button, quite evidently, is ineffective here. By the time you are done with the ordeal, you are awake enough to not hit the bed again.
- The Chopstick Fan: There are probably only a few things in the world as gratifying as a bowl of hot noodles. But, digging into scalding hot noodles is not the best of ways to satiate your hunger. The Chopstick Fan is one new-age Japanese gadget that helps you combat the problem with style. Attach this fan to your chopsticks and cool your food down before gorging on it! Works best when you are running short on time and need a quick meal. After you are done with your noodles, you can enjoy some cool breeze on your face too!