With Christmas and New Year on its way, everyone’s sweet tooth is in overzealous mood.
As they are going to get several sweets, cakes, muffins to taste
I have tasted muffins, pastries from many outlets but they don’t have one thing in them that is love. Festivals are defined by happiness sharing, giving love and enjoying. Festivities are synonymous to “sweet” as we just need excuses to have them. My mother always follows a tradition- to make sweets in every other occasion. Kheer, pastries, Jalebis, Gulab- Jamun, brownie, name it and you will get that, this is called as mom’s love.
This time we (me and my brother) thought why not we give her a surprise- something she won’t expect. So this Christmas we are planning to make some muffins. As for trials we made one batch of them.
1) Nuts(cashew nuts, almonds, pistachio, raisins, walnuts)
6) Baking powder
7) Vanilla extract
10) Butter(four table spoon)
- Beat eggs (2 eggs) in one container. Add 1 cup sugar in it (for 4 cups of flour). Then add half cup milk to it and one teaspoon vanilla extract.
- In separate bowl take flour (four cups) add one teaspoon baking powder to it and mix it thoroughly. Then add gems, nuts and chocolate (grated) in to this.
- Slowly butter (melted but cool) in the egg-milk mixture, one table spoon at a time.
- Add the flour mixture slowly in the same way to the egg-milk mixture.
- Grease the muffin molds and put the final batter in it.
- Pre-heat oven to 390-400 Fahrenheit. Bake it for 15-20 minutes.
- To check, use a toothpick, insert it into the muffin and pull out. If it is clean then the muffins are ready to go.
- Bake it, and serve them to your loved ones.(add chocolate syrup on it if you like)
A Merry Christmas to everyone.