Pasta sauce recipe
There is nothing more romantic than Italian food being served to you. Two candles, a choice between White Wine and Red Wine, pasta with that perfect sauce and tiramisu; all so romantic. What makes the meal memorable is that perfect pasta sauce (and dessert).
I have always bought the pasta sauce from supermarkets and got a packet of uncooked penne pasta, boiled it and added the sauce. Although it was very tasty it lacked something. So I decided to make my own pasta sauce. Of course, I am no chef so I checked out a few sites, combined their ingredients and methods and made a delicious pasta sauce.
Recipe type: Sauce
Serves: 4-5 Human Beings ( and a dog)
Time taken: 2 hours
1. 3 big fresh tomatoes
2. 1/4 cup of olive oil
3. 1 1/2 big onions
4. 6 garlic cloves
5. Basil Leaves
6. Fresh Thyme Leaves (optional)
8. 2 spring of Parsley
9. Tomato puree (of 3 tomatoes which should fill about 3/4 of the cup maybe less)
10. 1 big carrot
11. Salt (to taste)
12. Chilli flakes or chilli
13. 1 tsp Vinegar
1. Pour olive oil into a large stockpot over medium heat.
2. Add chopped onions, garlic cloves and diced carrot into the pot.
3. Saute for 8-10 mins until the onions are translucent.
4. Add the diced tomatoes* and cook for 10 mins.
5. Add the tomato puree and oregano, thyme leave, basil leaves and parsley and simmer on low for about an hour and a half.
6. Meanwhile, add the vinegar and salt to the sauce according to taste.
7. Before serving add the chilli or chilli flakes for the heat.
* You can also peel the tomatoes and seed them if you like.
Once finished you may find pieces of tomatoes still in if you do not like it or do not want the sauce to be thick you can puree the sauce until smooth.
Boil some penne pasta (according to packet instructions ) in water and add salt and oil to it.
Serve the pasta and the sauce with some wine to your guest and enjoy.
P.S. Don’t forget the Parmesan cheese, you will need lots of it.