Grab a bite!
Veggies, beans and cheese sandwiched in omlette, which is fried until golden on both sides. This is a great weeknight supper, ready in a flash – makes one quesadilla per person. You can also cut it out like a pizza and serve as a starter or party nibble. Happy Eating !
* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
* 1 onion, finely chopped
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 green pepper, chopped
* 2 tomatoes, chopped
* 140g (5 oz) frozen sweetcorn
* 12 omlette
* 1 (415g) tin Discovery Refried Beans
* 110g (4 oz) grated Cheddar cheese
* 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a frying pan over medium heat, and sauté the onion and garlic until soft. Mix in pepper, tomatoes, and sweetcorn; cook until heated through.
2. Spread 6 omlettes with equal amounts of the refried beans, vegetable mixture, and then the Cheddar cheese, and top with the remaining omlettes to form a “sandwich”.
3. Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Place quesadillas in the frying pan and cook, turning once, until cheese is melted and both sides are lightly browned.
For a healthier meal, try baking the quesadillas in the oven rather than pan frying them. Bake for about 10 to 15 minutes at 190 C / Gas mark 5, or until the tortillas are golden brown.