Monsoon is here!! It means that we would spend the evenings in the balconies watching the rain. How do we spice up these moments? Fried rice is a perfect recipe that is easy to make, savoury and spices up your rain-filled evenings.
onion – 1 big
Ginger garlic paste – 1tsp
chillies – 2
pepper powder – 1 tsp
Spices – Bay leaf – 2, cumin seeds-1/2tsp, cloves – 2, cinnamon – 2, cardamom – 2
Basmati rice – 3&1/2 cups
Water- as required
salt- to taste
- Cook the Basmati rice in water and spread on plate for the rice to be separated. This makes it non-sticky.
- Heat a Kadai with 1tsp of oil. Saute the spices followed by chopped onion. Saute till the onion turns color.
- Add ginger garlic paste, slit green chillies and sauté well.
- Now add the vegetables and cook on high.
- Add salt and pepper powder. Combine everything well and cook for 2 min.
- Add the cooked rice and mix well.
- Serve hot.